Children at school and children outside school – the two states into which India stands divided at the moment. But the good news is, this can be altered with focussed, intensive, and collective effort of government, NGOs, business community, and the civil society. Yes, when each segment of the society come together, millions of children from challenging backgrounds get a chance to attend school and continue their education by coming back to school each academic year.
Akshaya Patra’s effort
The Akshaya Patra Foundation, a mid-day meal NGO in India has been supporting education of children by providing them with freshly cooked nutritious meals on each school day. The Foundation has been able to benefit more and more children in a sustainable way and looks forward to further expand the school meal programme. Over the past 18+ years of its service, Akshaya Patra has witnessed transformational change in the lives of its beneficiaries.
|CURRENT REACH OF AKSHAYA PATRA||17,62,133
Government schools & Government-aided schools
It has also contributed to the overall development of its beneficiaries by initiating various child-centric programmes such as Scholarship Programme, Talent Development Programme, and Student and School Transformation Programme. Since it is important for children to attend school regularly to reap the benefits of these programmes, Akshaya Patra conducts ‘Back to School’ campaign annually. The objective of this campaign is to ensure continuity in education of all the beneficiaries by supporting their school meals for the new academic year.
Your support matters
When you support the ‘Back to School’ campaign, you give children,
- Access to the much-needed nutritious meals;
- Opportunity to attend school regularly and complete their education;
- A platform to explore, learn, and hone their talents;
- The confidence to achieve their goals and make their lives better by being resourceful.
And, what do you get in return?
- You get the amazing opportunity to give back to the society.
- You get a chance to actively involve yourself in the progress of the country.
- You become a valuable link in the chain of changemakers.
- You become eligible to receive tax benefits under Section 80G of the Indian Income Tax Act for your donated amount.
ACT to make a difference
Malala Yousafzai precisely said, “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child and one teacher can change the world.” Thus, more the number of children you bring back to school, greater is the impact. Spread the message of the need of nutrition and education in proper growth of children and steady progress of the nation. It’s time, India must stand united to bring equality in health and education of children. And, to attain this desirable state, generosity has to be combined with concerted effort. So, act now. Donate for children.